Your 24/7 Plumber in Santa Ana, CA
Plumbing in Santa Ana: We’re Always on Call
Santa Ana, CA, has some of the world’s best tap water. That’s no empty claim — it’s a fact backed by the “Academy Awards of Water,” an international competition held by water aficionados. If you want the truth about your water supply, ask a water nerd.
Santa Ana placed 4th in the “Best Municipal Water” category at the 30th annual Berkeley Springs International Water Tasting, the largest and longest-running competition dedicated to preserving and protecting drinking water.
(Source: The Orange County Water District)
Santa Ana gets 75% of its municipal water from a groundwater basin. So if your tap water tastes funny, has turned color, or has an unpleasant smell, the problem probably lies in your home’s plumbing system, and not the municipal supply.
The oldest houses in Santa Ana date to the late 1800s. Many homes were built in the 50s through the 80s when the city experienced a population surge like the rest of Orange County. Some homes still have their original plumbing and sewage lines; given that plumbing lasts 20-70 years or so, their pipes may be at or past their expiration date.
So it pays to keep the phone number of a reliable plumbing service on file. Orange Coast Plumbing is headquartered in Santa Ana, and we’re on call 24-7 for emergencies.
$25 Off Any Service
Get $25 off when you schedule your service by phone or online.
24/7 Emergency Service
Santa Ana’s Soil Can Be Tough on Plumbing
1. Soil Composition
- Santa Ana’s soil is primarily composed of clay, silt, and loam.
- Saturated clay soil expands, putting considerable strain on old plumbing and sewage lines.
- The expansive soil can damage pipes, increasing the likelihood of leaks or even breakages.
2. Excess Water
- Santa Ana’s location in a basin means that it often experiences heavy rainfall in winter.
- Heavy rainfall can lead to flooding and damage aging plumbing systems.
- Saturated soil can put extra strain on sewage lines and pipes, leading to blockages and backups.
3. Earthquakes & Seismic Activity
- Santa Ana is close to a fault line that stretches from Santa Monica to Dana Point and across coastal Los Angeles and Orange counties.
- Earthquakes and seismic events can cause shifting, displacement of plumbing lines, or even rupture them.
4. Liquefaction Potential
- Liquefaction is a phenomenon occurring in certain soil types during seismic events. It primarily affects loose, sandy, or silty soils.
- While sandy or loose soil is not the predominant soil type in Santa Ana, you might live in an area with such soil conditions.
- During an earthquake, loose soils lose their strength and behave like a liquid, potentially causing the ground to sink or shift.
- Liquefaction can damage underground pipes and plumbing infrastructure.
Our Plumbing Services in Santa Ana
Water damage is a leading cause of property loss. Call us immediately if you suspect a leak, even if you can’t locate the source.
Slab leaks are especially hard to detect and dangerous. We use diagnostics to pinpoint the leak and repair it with less invasive methods, like trenchless repair.
A blocked sewer line is a threat to your health and property. At Orange Coast Plumbing, we use the latest technologies to repair broken sewer lines, including trenchless and cured-in-place pipe repair (CIPP).
A hydro jet uses high-pressure water streams to clear sewer blockages without damaging pipes. It can remove almost anything, including tree roots.
Most water heaters last between 6 and 13 years. Tankless heaters are more durable — up to 20 years of service. Has your trusty water heater been around for a while?
When you find yourself paying for the same repairs over and over, it may be time for repiping — nothing less than a rebuild of your plumbing system.
Professionals should handle most bathroom fixture installation and repair. You may not need us to replace a showerhead, but leaky pipes are another matter.
We can remodel your kitchen or bathroom from concept to completion. Or we can work with your architect or interior designer to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams.
Most water heaters last between 6 and 13 years. Tankless heaters are more durable — up to 20 years of service. Whether you realize it or not, your water heater needs help. We’re here to help it.
Commercial buildings have much greater water and sewage disposal demands. Plumbers must meet higher standards for water pressure and flow and deal with more complex piping systems.
Flooding can damage flooring, furniture, walls, and even your foundation. Mold growth is a health concern. Call us at the first sign of an indoor leak or sewage backup. We’ll send someone within the hour, any time of day.
We Also Do HVAC
We can fix your pipes, and we can fix your air conditioning! Sorry, we don’t fix kitchen appliances, but we have to draw the line somewhere.
Our HVAC technicians are among the best in Santa Ana, with many years of experience. OCP technicians are licensed, certified, and bonded, meaning they have undergone rigorous training to meet the industry’s highest professional standards.
HVAC services include:
- New air conditioner and furnace installation
- Air conditioner and furnace repair
- Air conditioner and furnace maintenance
We service all types of heating and cooling units, including:
Whether you need a quick repair, maintenance check, or a complete HVAC system installation, count on us to do the job right. Count on us for your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning concerns, and experience the unmatched service quality of Orange Coast Plumbing.
Our Commitment to Santa Ana, CA
Santa Ana has the best municipal water in California. It also has a rich history.
Santa Ana was incorporated as a city in 1886. Today, it’s the financial and governmental center of Orange County and a major city in the state.
Santa Ana is home to the famous Santa Ana Zoo, known for its remarkable collection of monkeys, a delightful mini-train, and an immersive walk-through aviary. An ideal destination for families and animal lovers, the zoo offers visitors an opportunity to learn about various species while enjoying a fun-filled day.
The city also houses the Bowers Museum, a Mission Revival–style building in the heart of Santa Ana. The museum showcases an impressive collection of Native American art, folk art, pottery, paintings, carvings, and more. Other notable destinations include the Discovery Cube Orange County, a children’s museum with hands-on science exhibits, and the Heritage Museum of Orange County, featuring restored 1890s homes in a garden setting.
Orange Coast Plumbing is proud to serve the Santa Ana community. We take our role seriously and are committed to providing superior plumbing and HVAC services at an affordable price.
Call us today!