Your 24/7 Plumber in Los Alamitos, CA
Los Alamitos is known as “A Jewel of a City” — an enclave with a small-town feel in the nation’s second-largest metropolitan area.
Orange Coast Plumbing is “A Jewel of a Plumbing Company.” We’re a (relatively) large, local business offering small-town personal service.
Los Alamitos may be a good place to bet on the horses, but it’s a bad place to gamble on vintage plumbing. Parts of the city date to the turn of the century — not the most recent turn of the century, but the one before.
While the city’s pipes are newer, many homes have plumbing from the 70s and 80s. Those pipes are ancient in plumbing terms. If you live in an older building with original plumbing, you may wake up one morning to a flood in your living room. That corroded pipe under your concrete slab foundation finally gave out, and you have a mess on your hands.
Your insurance will pay for most of the repair if you’re lucky. If you’re smart, you took preemptive action with regular plumbing inspections and maintenance. As a result, that slab leak never happened.
So call us call us at 714-953-1111 or schedule service online. We can check the condition of your pipes and install an inline leak detector to prevent small leaks from becoming disasters.
And should a plumbing disaster occur, we’re available 24/7 for repairs.
$25 Off Any Service
Get $25 off when you schedule your service by phone or online.
24/7 Emergency Service
Why Orange Coast Plumbing?
Orange Coast Plumbing is Orange County’s most trusted plumbing service.
- We’ve been in business since 1977.
- We’re family-owned and operated, not a franchise with corporate headquarters in another state.
- We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- We back up all work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- We charge by the job, not the hour. You won’t see surcharges or unpleasant surprises on your bill.
- We hire the best people, not just the best plumbers and technicians.
- All OCP plumbers are licensed, certified, and bonded. We do residential, commercial, and industrial work.
- We own the largest service fleet in Orange County, CA, and can answer your call fast. We have dispatch locations throughout the county and can respond to emergencies 24/7.
Common Causes of Plumbing Problems in Los Alamitos, CA
- Soil Conditions: Clay-heavy soil can expand and contract with changes in moisture levels, exerting pressure on underground pipes.
- Seismic Activity: Earthquakes can shift and damage underground pipes, dislodge plumbing fixtures, and rupture water lines.
- Slab Foundations: Most homes in Los Alamitos have slab foundations with plumbing lines embedded within the concrete slab. It can be challenging to access and repair them without disrupting the foundation.
- Hard Water: The high mineral content in municipal water can lead to scale deposits inside pipes, creating blockages and reducing water flow.
- Older Plumbing Systems: Some neighborhoods in Los Alamitos have aging plumbing infrastructure. Older pipes are more susceptible to corrosion, deterioration, and failure.
- Tree Roots: Mature trees with extensive root systems can infiltrate underground pipes in search of water and nutrients. Eventually, they may block and crack pipes.
- Drought and Rain: Droughts and heavy rainfall can impact plumbing systems. Soil may contract and shift during a drought. Conversely, heavy rain can strain drainage systems and lead to flooding and sewage backups.
- Water Pressure Fluctuations: Excessive water pressure can damage pipes and fixtures, potentially causing leaks or bursts.
- Corrosion: Los Alamitos is only five miles from the coast. Salty ocean air can accelerate the deterioration of metal pipes, particularly if they’re older and poorly maintained.
- Construction Projects: Ongoing construction or renovation projects in the area can result in accidental damage to underground plumbing lines. Vibrations from construction equipment or excavation work can lead to pipe fractures.
Homeowners and businesses in Los Alamitos should consider regular plumbing inspections, maintenance, and, when necessary, upgrades to their plumbing systems. Earthquake-resistant plumbing fixtures and flexible piping materials can safeguard against seismic activity.
Our Plumbing Services in Los Alamitos
Water damage is a leading cause of property loss. Call us immediately if you suspect a leak, even if you can’t locate the source.
Slab leaks are especially hard to detect and dangerous. We use diagnostics to pinpoint the leak and repair it with less invasive methods, like trenchless repair.
A blocked sewer line is a threat to your health and property. At Orange Coast Plumbing, we use the latest technologies to repair broken sewer lines, including trenchless and cured-in-place pipe repair (CIPP).
A hydro jet uses high-pressure water streams to clear sewer blockages without damaging pipes. It can remove almost anything, including tree roots.
When you find yourself paying for the same repairs over and over, it may be time for repiping — nothing less than a rebuild of your plumbing system.
Professionals should handle most bathroom fixture installation and repair. You may not need us to replace a showerhead, but leaky pipes are another matter.
We can remodel your kitchen or bathroom from concept to completion. Or we can work with your architect or interior designer to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams.
Most water heaters last between 6 and 13 years. Tankless heaters are more durable — up to 20 years of service. Whether you realize it or not, your water heater needs help. We’re here to help it.
Commercial buildings have much greater water and sewage disposal demands. Plumbers must meet higher standards for water pressure and flow and deal with more complex piping systems.
Flooding can damage flooring, furniture, walls, and even your foundation. Mold growth is a health concern. Call us at the first sign of an indoor leak or sewage backup. We’ll send someone within the hour, any time of day.
We Also Do HVAC
We can fix your pipes, and we can fix your air conditioning!
Our HVAC technicians are among the best in Los Alamitos, with many years of experience. OCP technicians are licensed, certified, and bonded, meaning they have undergone rigorous training to meet the industry’s highest professional standards.
HVAC services include:
- New air conditioner and furnace installation
- Air conditioner and furnace repair
- Air conditioner and furnace maintenance
We service all types of heating and cooling units, including:
Whether you need a quick repair, maintenance check, or a complete HVAC system installation, count on us to do the job right. Count on us for your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning concerns, and experience the unmatched service quality of Orange Coast Plumbing.
Our Commitment to Los Alamitos, CA
Los Alamitos took root with its first school in 1881. The growing population reached 500 residents by the 1920s and featured a mix of Dutch, Mexican, Portuguese, Italian, Belgian, Irish, German, and French nationalities.
Notable was Senator William Clark’s establishment of Southern California’s first sugar refinery. It processed sugar beets until nematodes devastated crops. In 1921, the factory transitioned to produce dog food from wild horse meat. Economic challenges during the Great Depression and earthquake damage in 1929 eventually led to its demolition (remember our bullet point about earthquake and plumbing?).
St. Isidore, built in 1926, remains the city’s oldest public building. Reagan Street, a prominent early thoroughfare, had a Wild West reputation with frequent altercations.
Following the Pearl Harbor attack in 1941, the US Navy established a training field in Los Alamitos, attracting aviators worldwide and spurring growth. Post-World War II, the airfield became a Joint Forces Training Base, continuing its military legacy. On March 1, 1960, Los Alamitos attained city charter status, solidifying its place as a thriving community.
Then, in 1977, came the most significant event of all: Orange Coast Plumbing opened for business and began serving Los Alamitos and cities nearby. We’re only partly kidding when we say that because we truly are proud to serve this vibrant community. Since our humble beginnings, we’ve grown into a full-service plumbing and HVAC provider with the experience and resources to take on any project.
We aren’t just your friends and neighbors but also local employers committed to providing quality service in Los Alamitos.
Our Promise to You
At Orange Coast Plumbing, our number one goal is to build lasting relationships with customers. Some customers have relied on our services for decades.
All plumbing has a limited lifespan; however, we use only durable copper for interior piping and PVC for sewage. Our technicians inspect the installation of all new pipes, fixtures, valves, and other equipment to ensure they are correctly placed and free from damage or defects.
We stand behind our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We warranty all parts and labor. And if you need us outside regular business hours, we’re available 24/7 for emergency plumbing services.
We promise you’ll always get the attention, service, and quality you deserve from Orange Coast Plumbing.